There are many different ways in which you can help with the cathedral life:
- Welcoming. We urgently need more welcomers to join the team. It needs just 2 hours a week of your time, and is about greeting visitors, and answering their questions or referring them on.
Training is given, and there are lots of leaflets to hand out. No need to be a regular worshipper
- Helping in the shop. Again, 2 hours a week is ideal, and some training would be given
- Helping during worship – stewards, lesson readers, servers are all part of the volunteer team, as are the coffee/tea makers after the service
- Music is a strong tradition at the cathedral. There is a regular choir of adults and children, always looking for new recruits.
There is also a more informal voluntary choir that sings when the regular choir is absent
- Helping out at events, with chair moving, stewarding, refreshments, ticket selling, running stalls at the bazaar, assisting at Open Days etc.
- Bell ringing – the cathedral has a fine set of 13 bells, and keen beginners would be welcome
- Join the Friends of Newport Cathedral, or the Friends of Newport Cathedral Choir and particpate in social events or help to raise funds
- Assisting the small team that works in the churchyard, and other outdoor work
- Newport Nightshelter - helping to host overnight accommodation at the Cathedral, for homeless people during the winter months
For further information on any of these opportunities, please contact, in the first instance,
the Administrator on 07933 627594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org